• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just ordered today the Kowa Genesis 44 Prominar XD 10.5x44. (2 Viewers)

mauriciolacruz

Spain
In addition to my very recent purchase of the Kowa Genesis 44 Prominar XD 8.5x44, I've just ordered the 10.5x44 version.

Call me mad, but I didn't want to miss it, especially after having tested the 8.5x44.

Anyway, I don't have (and not going to have) a large collection of dozens of binos like some of you do, so I can consider myself, at least in the optical department, an "amateur" mad, not a proper one. 😜

In addition to my very recent purchase of the Kowa Genesis 44 Prominar XD 8.5x44, I've just ordered the 10.5x44 version.

Call me mad, but I didn't want to miss it, especially after having tested the 8.5x44.

Anyway, I don't have (and not going to have) a large collection of dozens of binos like some of you do, so I can consider myself, at least in the optical department, an "amateur" mad, not a proper one. 😜
I agree with Richard - enjoy these two very nice Genesis binoculars (I got myself the 8x22, 8x33 and 8.5x44).

Hello,
I think, having read that the Genesis models have threads on their objectives, does anyone know if they could put a 2" nebular filter, I don't know if in all the models, but I mean the 44mm ones? I would like if it were possible that could also be used for astronomical views.

Hello,
I think, having read that the Genesis models have threads on their objectives, does anyone know if they could put a 2" nebular filter, I don't know if in all the models, but I mean the 44mm ones? I would like if it were possible that could also be used for astronomical views.
Hi there! 👋🏻

Bear in mind that the filter size to be used on these models (Kowa Genesis 44 Prominar XD) is 46 mm.

You can use virtually any type of filter you want, as long as its size is 46 mm.

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back