• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kentucky Warbler (2 Viewers)

swamper15

Swamper15
I have the worst luck in locating Kentucky Warblers. I occasionally hear them, but rarely get to observe them. Guess I am not a great birder.

Anyway, I found a spot in SC that is great for Kentucky Warblers, Forty Acre Rock. If you go past the rock overlook next to the beaver pond, cross over the boardwalk, you will probably have the opportunity to observe Kentucky Warblers in the spring.

I have a photo (though not necessarily outstanding) of a Kentucky Warbler taken at 40 Acre Rock. Realize most of the article is about the environment and plant species on Forty Acre Rock, but I thought I would share my lone image of a Kentucky. I am tickled to have found a hot spot.

Forty Acre Rock

Hmmm, seems I am the first to post in the South Carolina section in 365 days, that is ashame. This forum has so much potential.

40 Acre Rock

Very nice photos!
Sure looks like a wonderful bit of nature.
Hope maybe to see it someday.

Glad you liked it. The rock is really more about the flora, but I was so tickled about the Kentucky Warbler I wanted to share. Come down and visit sometime. To see the endangered pool sprite you want to visit during the last two weeks in March or the first week in April.

40 Acre Rock

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back