• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers Upton Warren (1 Viewer)

Crazyemu

United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I visit the Christopher Cadbury Wetlands on Worcestershire quite often. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me locate and photograph some kingfishers? I have seen them at a vast distance. I think I need someone with local knowledge.
Many thanks
Emma

If you mean locating Kingfishers specifically at Upton, then the best advice is to pick a hide (Concrete/Water Rail or East/Lapwing are the best two) set-up and wait for them to land close enough on sticks or bulrushes.

It is - there one after the Lifestyles workshop. The Water Rail hide used to be the best for kingfishers - but it has been a while for me to see one close up!

Last few years I have been there I havent seen one Kingfisher...Concretes a dead loss as water too far away with overgrown reeds and no perches.

In not sure the last time you went but there are areas that have been cleared and I have seen them a few times form afar. I see them noted in the sightings book about but have not been lucky so far

If you want to take pics and dont have latest spec with giant lenses then its a no no......in times past from the concrete hide you could get them about 25 feet away...went last time about a month ago.I know most work on the trust sites is by vounteers so not having a go at anyone........a thing I have is about attracting new young members but when you need a scope etc to see anything its not a good thing.

I understand. I have a p1000 Nikon so am quite lucky in that respect. I can understand that this is not the case for others and even mine struggles at really epic distances

I was a split second too late with this one on Monday. It was perched at the top of the feeder pole. Taken with my phone camera.

Attachments

• PXL_20231204_152841786~2.jpg
    PXL_20231204_152841786~2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back