• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers (4 Viewers)

Thanks for the link Peter very interesting and Doug, I think that good old Points of View often do show clips when they have been inundated with requests but I'm not sure that its running at the moment. I to have sent a request as per your link.

Mike

I have sent an email as well. Lets hope it works.

Mike P

Sorry about tomorrow. I couldn't face doing another day in Norfolk in that weather. It wouldn't be so bad if I had somewhere comfortable to sleep but a 2nd night in the car, in those conditions was a bit unthinkable.

We will have to arrange something around your area one of the days.

No Probs John,

I hope you are feeling ok now, I went anyway and I'm glad to say, after some early rain it was a wonderfuly sunny day. I tried this seawatching lark and got Red and black throated divers Common and velvet scoter as well as all the expected gulls.

Got the water pippet at Cley and pintail as well as the usual suspects. Sadly not the beardies or the snow bunting though. Yeh I know, I should have gone to Holkham for the S B's but me knees were to knackered for another long walk.

Glad to hear you got the pallid, I was there last evening and it failed to show (thats twice I missed it) but got the yb warbler earlier, the s e owls (2) were absolutey wonderful in the late sunshine, the merlin was a real treat too and the barn owl put in a real close fly-by! I suppose you could say it was a raptor fest, (sorry 3 ringtails I forgot to mention).

All in all, if I was a list type of person, I would have bagged 73 species in the last three days (I went to Wicken Friday and Rutland Saturday). Not as good some I'll grant you, but not bad for a novice.

NOT THAT I'M COUNTING OF COURSE!!!!!!!!

Mike

Mike P

<NOT THAT I'M COUNTING OF COURSE!!!!!!!!>

The thought never crossed my mind: lol

I tell you what!! you had a brilliant day on Sunday. Shame about the Pallid but I think you will get another chance as it seems to staying for a while. You might have to try the Wareham Green roost to get it though. That seems to be the most reliable spot.

Sorry John,
Ididn't say, I was at Wareham Green, along with approx 230 others, thankfully I got there early and only had to walk half a mile! (Oh me knees lol).

Mike

And there is me. Just driving steadily along and the bird just happens to be there. Ho hum, lifes a b***h and then you die: lol

I have had a reply from the BBC- saying they have no plans at present to repeat Halcyon River - sorry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back