• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Late arrivals at the Birders' Ball (1 Viewer)

... And then there's Mr and Mrs U.S. Thrush and their veery eligible son, C. Arthur USThrush ...

Sorry - don't understand this one - but no need for explanation. I''m sure it's quite clever.

I like it, but yep, probably trying to be too clever. Basically there's a genus of American thrushes called Catharus,which I always mis-pronounce anyway, so that was that, plus the Veery is also a member of that family. (Slightly oddly, I also mispelt eligigible when I first wrote it - an extra gi joe in there!)

There was one or two which other people have posted which I didn't get tbh

Whatever you've started, hope it runs for a while yet. It's great!

It's that JSB wot started it ... ;)

Surely this thread should be in 'Birds and Birding' anyway? How many people subscribe to RFeathers I wonder? 10%, 25%, 50%??

A rather satisfied but talkative customer just back from the Indian restaurant up the road –

please to welcome His Excellency, The Great Korma-Rant.

And there goes Donald Duck looking as cool-headed as ever with his Chill-O-wig on ...

… despite seeing Sidney Poitier getting fresh and legless with a Bahamian Pint of ale.

For anyone looking for a bird on the side (formerly known as wallflowers in a more innocent age?) this evening, the differently attractive Phalacrocorax sisters, Rough-faced Shag and Blue-eyed Shag can now be found perched at the bar …

And just back from a re-enactment at their local branch of the rotary washing line Round Table, King Pen Gwynn, Merlin and Sir Tristram's Warbler ...

There was one or two which other people have posted which I didn't get tbh

It's that JSB wot started it ... ;)

Surely this thread should be in 'Birds and Birding' anyway? How many people subscribe to RFeathers I wonder? 10%, 25%, 50%??

I originally placed it in "Birds and Birding" but Delia moved it (much to my chagrin). Whilst I accept the categorisations BF use, I'd be hugely appreciative to see it put back to B&B since I'm sure a wider audience would contribute many more laughs :)

Peter

And just back from a re-enactment at their local branch of the rotary washing line Round Table, King Pen Gwynn, Merlin and Sir Tristram's Warbler ...

Not forgetting Sir Galah had a prior engagement, but you'd have thought a knight of his calibre would make the effort ...

Not forgetting Sir Galah had a prior engagement, but you'd have thought a knight of his calibre would make the effort ...

Arthur just telegrammed in to say he's been roundly told off and removed from his post.

Still, not what you'd expect of a knight of his ex-calibre though ...

;)

Last edited:
I originally placed it in "Birds and Birding" but Delia moved it (much to my chagrin). Whilst I accept the categorisations BF use, I'd be hugely appreciative to see it put back to B&B since I'm sure a wider audience would contribute many more laughs

There's always been a worry that things get out of hand methinks. A compromise is to allow it in B&B, and then move it if this happens. This is mostly good, clean, bird related fun though.

(Maybe only one or two posts that could be deemed offensive to some)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back