• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Leica 7x42 Ultravid HD Plus" owners experience compared to non "Plus" (6 Viewers)

I totally agree and concur with @eitanaltman's experience here. I don't own an EDG, but I've compared my 8x42 Trinovid BR with his 10x42 and 8x32 EDG's and the Leicas where just as sharp as the 8x32, and better I though, than the 10x42. The 7x42 UV is even better than the Trinovid BR.

Honestly @eronald, if you can describe your 7x42 UVHD's as 'hazy' and anything less than pin sharp, then there's something wrong with them. It's a great shame that you've had a bad experience with the Leica store in Paris, but please don't let that colour your view of the brand or it's products. I would be inclined to write an email to Leica directly and tell them about your experience. I won't be at all surprised if they try to help correct the situation for you, but even if they don't, do bypass that Leica store in Paris and get the bins sent back to Leica (or do it yourself) for cleaning and adjustment. You should/could be totally satisfied with the 7x42 UVHD.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back