• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica eye candy.... (8 Viewers)

These look great! I wonder what the view is like through them. May I ask how these Pergers compare to other Leica binoculars? What is your opinion?

Viele Grüße
Guten Tag nach Deutschland @jafritten,

You asked for the view through them. In short, I am smitten. The Northland is still covered in snow, the sun and water make for one sparkling viewing experience. I am not much of a @chill6x6 or @Dipperdapper et al. type analyst :D, whose reviews we all enjoy. My thoughts on the new Geovid Pro 8x32 are more of a simplistic nature, as in "I like 'em. A lot."

Weight and size wise, they certainly will not trump the 8x32 UVHD+, but are lightweights compared to the Geovid Pro 10x42, as illustrated below:

IMG_0131 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Hello @quincy88, yes indeed, they are a very recent purchase, and made it safely to Alaska; just in time for our feathered friends to return.
Congrats. Those are an awesome compliment to your already very nice Leica collection.

Your very cool dog :love:
Haha. Yes, that's Fiona. She is the best dog that I have ever known. I'm very lucky to have her as my companion.

Yes, the sandhills, trumpeters, and migratory waterfowl in general. I love this time of year.
I AGREE...this IS the best time of the year! Ours are warblers and vireos mostly. Tanagers and grosbeaks too. And let's not forget the orioles.

We get the Sandhills...and a lot of them...by the thousands in the winter along with 5 to 20 whooping cranes. And an OCCASIONAL swan of some type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back