• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica help (1 Viewer)

Exactly, what does that tell you 🤪
It tells me that Leica may not have done as good a job as the others as Conndomat pointed out.
I'm a Leica fan (my fav brand) so I'm not bashing.

t's quite simple, people with slightly thicker fingers can't get them through the bridge, the design is too tight.
This eliminates this advantage, and the focuser is too high for some, so the finger has to be spread.
Everything maybe not a Nogo for many, but a well thought-out design looks different, the SF and EL work much better in this regard.

it’s a good thing we can agree to disagree ✌🏼.

Theres something else we also disagree about. There are other open bridge designs that don’t allow wrapping the fingers around , why are we only talking about the Nocs. Let’s get some complaints in here about the EL’s or some others.

Exactly, works for most people like all good well designed binoculars. And for some others they don’t work.

As long as your going to use both hands on the Ultravids , your good. Try observing with one one hand.
See some photos concerning grip.

Ultravids comfortable, but not holding in one hand observing or even walking. Noctivids very comfortable, can one hand hold and no problem walking holding to one side. So now someone tell why would the UV would be easier to hold.

I have found the Noctivid open bridge to be a lesser design than the EL or SF, and that is shown in your photos.
There is simply no way to get both sets of fingers around the barrels, as you can see. You can do that with the others
that it tried to copy. Optics aside, that ergo thing is a turn off to me. I would sure recommend trying both, and
as mentioned the Ultravid does a very good job.
Jerry

It seems to me there are more complaints about the Nvid than the others, unfortunately ... at least here on this forum.
Hmm, maybe I posted the last one to fast. Ya think there are more complaints about Nocs?
NL glare, EL rolling ball, Zeiss SF green, Ultravids CA, SE blackouts , blA blA blA not water proof, oh my lions, tigers and bears and Russia is a big country next to a little country. So many problems with $2000-$3000 binoculars having issues, get a grip, pun intended. 🤪😜✌🏼🙏🏼

Hmm, maybe I posted the last one to fast. Ya think there are more complaints about Nocs?
NL glare, EL rolling ball, Zeiss SF green, Ultravids CA, SE blackouts , blA blA blA not water proof, oh my lions, tigers and bears and Russia is a big country next to a little country. So many problems with $2000-$3000 binoculars having issues, get a grip, pun intended. 🤪😜✌🏼🙏🏼
No, I'm referring to complaints on the forum about the open bridge design in the Nvid. I wasn't referring at all to other complaints such as glare and other things you mention.

I have found the Noctivid open bridge to be a lesser design than the EL or SF, and that is shown in your photos.
There is simply no way to get both sets of fingers around the barrels, as you can see. You can do that with the others
that it tried to copy. Optics aside, that ergo thing is a turn off to me. I would sure recommend trying both, and
Jerry
I can’t do it with the 42 EL either.

Paul this is whataboutism now. You can discuss the individual problem areas of the binoculars, that is not a devaluation per se, but you work out individual advantages and disadvantages. No binoculars are perfect, but now we have the ergonomics. ;)

Andreas

Paul this is whataboutism now. You can discuss the individual problem areas of the binoculars, that is not a devaluation per se, but you work out individual advantages and disadvantages. No binoculars are perfect, but now we have the ergonomics. ;)

Andreas
I know, I hear you. I’m just playing around with it. I make a little fun out of it and mean no harm or disrespect to anyone. You should hear some of my very wealthy clients that have stables (more than 4) of very expensive sports cars, Ferraris, Porsches, Audis and few with Lambos and some of them complain about this or about that. And I just find it to be so unappreciative of their gifts in life that I like to poke fun sometimes.

Andreas
And ergonomics preferences chance in times…that”s why i keep some lightweight 8x30/2 around, some with IF focus because in my family we get problems with our hands, its called Viking hands or Dupuytren's contracture - Wikipedia so if will hit me i need a small nifty little light IF binocular like my Habicht 8x30 IF. It’s also a very though bino so if i will -for sure- drop it, hopefully it will be still in collimation. Just a side note guys, be prepared for the endgame :rolleyes:

No, I'm referring to complaints on the forum about the open bridge design in the Nvid. I wasn't referring at all to other complaints such as glare and other things you mention.
Beth, I was referring to all complaints about others that have had so many more complaints written about than the Nocs double bridge.

And ergonomics preferences chance in times…that”s why i keep some lightweight 8x30/2 around, some with IF focus because in my family we get problems with our hands, its called Viking hands or Dupuytren's contracture - Wikipedia so if will hit me i need a small nifty little light IF binocular like my Habicht 8x30 IF. It’s also a very though bino so if i will -for sure- drop it, hopefully it will be still in collimation. Just a side note guys, be prepared for the endgame :rolleyes:
End game ? Are you referring to the coming world war or another deadly disease from China…

And I just find it to be so unappreciative of their gifts in life that I like to poke fun sometimes.
Paul we don't know anything about the TO, maybe an NV or UV would be. the only sports car that can be made possible and it should just fit.
Beth, I was referring to all complaints about others that have had so many more complaints written about than the Nocs double bridge.
This is probably also due to the fact that NV. are used far less than Zeiss and Swarovski?
The two manufacturers simply have more models that people can complain about, the Leica fans are still longingly waiting for an 8/10x32 NV.

Andreas

End game ? Are you referring to the coming world war or another deadly disease from China…
No not at all Paul, im not referring to this but you never know. By endgame i meant just the final chapter in our life’s that we are alive and kicking but not 100% like we used to do. So minor thinks like you have to move in a wheelchair, your hands doesn’t. work like you wish they did etc. So with some precautions you can still use premium glass. IF, light weight, superb optics, strong armour etc. It will make life some what better if we still can use good optics then.
Maybe it sounds a bit sad or whatever but i meant it really positive.

Paul we don't know anything about the TO, maybe an NV or UV would be. the only sports car that can be made possible and it should just fit.

This is probably also due to the fact that NV. are used far less than Zeiss and Swarovski?
The two manufacturers simply have more models that people can complain about, the Leica fans are still longingly waiting for an 8/10x32 NV.

Andreas
Yeah, another pair of binoculars we’ll be able to complain we can’t get both hands around the barrels 🤣🙏🏼

Jerry
The Ultravid does a very good job at what? Certainly not getting you fingers around the barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back