• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesser White Fronted Goose..... (5 Viewers)

whitburnmark said:
Just had a browse through previous accepted BBRC records...

It is also interesting that the last two BB "Reports on rare birds" have specifically referred to possible escape origins for the birds officially accepted, respectively the Feb 03 Slimbridge 1st-win and the Feb 02 Berneray ad, admitting that there remains "some doubt" about both (former due to proximity to an extensive wildfowl collection, and latter due to proximity far from anywhere normally seen, like Slimbridge!). Nevertheless, they were accepted and it is stated for the Hebrides bird "For consistency, and until a clearer picture emerges, however, we will continue to include such birds in the BBRC statistics for the time being". All the more reason to throw ours into the pot - they will have my submission too - though fully expecting an official "rejection" hopefully it still goes into an archive of historical info...

Yes, let's keep up the intelligent debate - but wasn't there a report that Pingu had been seen taking bread?

S.

Novice birder interfering again- REF. post 16 of this thread - not unusual species, but not usually on my local loch until winter. The couple of Greylag that stayed this summer are now over 300 strong. I seen a winter plumage Spotted Redshank the other week too. Where is best to check ringed birds tags.
Confused and lacking knowledge.
Have the birding seasons gone to pot?
Is the Barrow`s still around?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back