• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesvos accomodation (1 Viewer)

shorebirder

Hi all
Managed to convince the wife that a trip to Lesvos next May by myself would do me the world of good. Does anyone know of any single room accomodation in Lesvos. Have been to the island once before with family but fancied a bit of 24/7 birding this time.
thanks..

shorebirder said:
Hi all
Managed to convince the wife that a trip to Lesvos next May by myself would do me the world of good. Does anyone know of any single room accomodation in Lesvos. Have been to the island once before with family but fancied a bit of 24/7 birding this time.
thanks..

Forgot to say would rather stay at Scalla Kalloni

shorebirder said:
Forgot to say would rather stay at Scalla Kalloni

There are lots of apartments available in Skalla Kalloni. Would think a cheap flight would be more difficult to get! Not sure how to contact these places but I'm sure some BF members have stayed in some and will reply shortly. Have you tried a Lesvos/Skalla Kalloni website?

Good luck - you'll love it.

Sandra

I stayed at the Alkithea rooms right in the centre of Skala Kallonis last June,
nice, reasonably priced single room, no breakfast but little cakes and so on as a bonus
http://www.accomweb.com/sapphotravel/accom/accomdetail.php?accomid=758
it was very difficult to find any other similar accomodation on the web, but there is plenty, so you could just roll up and see

but to be honest if you're flying from britain (i was in greece already), the cheapest deal will probably be paying a single supplement on a package to one of the hotels.....

and Sandra's spot on, you will love it!

James Lowther said:
I stayed at the Alkithea rooms right in the centre of Skala Kallonis last June,
nice, reasonably priced single room, no breakfast but little cakes and so on as a bonus
http://www.accomweb.com/sapphotravel/accom/accomdetail.php?accomid=758
it was very difficult to find any other similar accomodation on the web, but there is plenty, so you could just roll up and see

but to be honest if you're flying from britain (i was in greece already), the cheapest deal will probably be paying a single supplement on a package to one of the hotels.....

and Sandra's spot on, you will love it!

Thanks James
Will contact them and see if there are any vacancies.
Dave

shorebirder said:
Hi all
thanks..

We have been to Lesvos, on 3 ocassions staying at Skala Kalloni each time. We have rented small apartments on the outskirts of the town which we have been more than happy with.
www.lesvostravel.co.uk are the company you could do worse than drop them a line.
If you intend to rent a car I would thoroughly recommend the apartments at the base of the potomia valley, very quiet and a 5 minute drive into Skala or a 20 minute walk.
A picture of the apartments can be seen on realbirder.com together with a full trip report.
If you have never been before you will love it.
Incidently if you do decide to self-cater can I recommend the Seahorse resturant on the front of Skala great food, decent wine and at a very enjoyable price.
Regards
P

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back