• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (1 Viewer)

barnstormer

Does anyone know if loch garten has any returning Ospreys yet as the RSPB site is now down for maintenance which I suspect was due to being hit by loads of spam since Tuesday. The webcam is still running but the forum is down.

Does anyone know if loch garten has any returning Ospreys yet as the RSPB site is now down for maintenance which I suspect was due to being hit by loads of spam since Tuesday. The webcam is still running but the forum is down.

Laddie is back at Loch of the Lowes but most ospreys seem to be late.

Ian its more than likely due to the winds at the moment in the migration passage. From what I understand westerly winds are very hazardous for them.

Ian its more than likely due to the winds at the moment in the migration passage. From what I understand westerly winds are very hazardous for them.

Surely it is easterlies that are hazardous as it blows them out into the Atlantic?

This is what happened to 9 (98) the veteran Rutland male in 2012 and he could easily have been lost.

No Loch Garten has no osprey back.

The RSPB forums came back in the last half hour.

There has been a couple of Ospreys seen around Aviemore, but I have not seen one over my Lochan as yet, pretty cold weather here and it is possible tomorrow that lots of Lochs will have some frozen areas on them, of course the Ospreys will hunt on running water if that is the case, so along the river Spey will be the best bet for a sighting.

There has been a couple of Ospreys seen around Aviemore, but I have not seen one over my Lochan as yet, pretty cold weather here and it is possible tomorrow that lots of Lochs will have some frozen areas on them, of course the Ospreys will hunt on running water if that is the case, so along the river Spey will be the best bet for a sighting.

Well if they are not at the Lochan it suggests that they have not arrived yet.

no reports of any in angus yet mind you the temperature dropping to two degrees and gale force winds aren't helping

I think that the main problem is the bad weather in Spain in France. There are are two tracked ospreys bogged down in northern France.

LG Ospreys

The weather here in Aviemore is horrible, snowing with high winds as well as being really cold, more like winter... than winter.
Gordon.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back