• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for an Echo Meter Touch 2 for iOS. (2 Viewers)

eBirding

I’ve been planning on buying an Echo Meter Touch 2 for a while now and then when I went to buy it, noticed they stop selling them due to Apple discontinuing the certain chip for it. I’m looking to see if anyone knows where I can buy one online or anywhere else! Thank you!

I found out recently after I had misplaced my unit, seem to have picked up a spare just in time. I’d be able to help if I found my original, turned the house upside down and didn’t. But I’ve “lost” some things in the past only for them to reappear.
The company are working hard to find a way to bring the capability back to iOS so fingers crossed they release something soon.

Peter

I got one recently in the UK but I think it is a case of scouring retailers and seeing if they have one left. Before I bought mine I got in touch with them and they do plan on keeping the ios app functioning

Other option would be the android version of the echo meter, and a (cheap) android phone or tablet dedicated to it. I got an Asus 7" tablet perfect for this, and a few field guides stored on it as well. Tablet was £80 I think, from memory

Now sold. Hoping that Wildlife acoustics will bring out a new iOS unit soon so people can make use of this powerful bit of kit.

Peter

I’ve been planning on buying an Echo Meter Touch 2 for a while now and then when I went to buy it, noticed they stop selling them due to Apple discontinuing the certain chip for it. I’m looking to see if anyone knows where I can buy one online or anywhere else! Thank you!
I have one for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back