• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

March Moths (1 Viewer)

Work starts are too early for me to put the trap out this week, but I did get a White-Shouldered House Moth in the bathroom last night so I'm not completely missing out :)

Work starts are too early for me to put the trap out this week, but I did get a White-Shouldered House Moth in the bathroom last night so I'm not completely missing out :)
Awesome, congratulations!! ;-)

The only moth I've had this year with one on the 8th Jan, although did have a Small Tortoiseshell butterfly in the attic yesterday which I let fly out.

A friend in Oakham, Rutland photographed a Hummingbird Hawkmoth in his garden today. Anyone know if it will be a very early immigrant, one that has wintered, or what?

Just four for me last night in the trap with just the one outsider- Clouded Drab, Hebrew Character, Small and Common Quaker.👍

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0798.jpeg
    IMG_0798.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Been keeping a yearlist going on Bubo & also under the Yearlisting thread. Hoping this year to keep it going...

Highlight for the year so far has been two garden Small Eggar on Tuesday night. An opportunity to compare Pale & Tawny Pinions was also welcome.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Small Eggar 001.jpg
    Small Eggar 001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Small Eggar 002.jpg
    Small Eggar 002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Small Eggar 004.jpg
    Small Eggar 004.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3