• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maven 10x28 (1 Viewer)

Pepitogrillo

Andorra
Hello,
I've been able to minimally test the Maven 10x28 model for an hour in the evening and all I can say is Wow!!
I know that it is little information, but in that hour of so little light the small binocular behaved like one with a larger lens... very comfortable in hand and in ocular position, without blackouts, or rare artifacts, fantastic central sharpness and a powerful contrast excited all the time... I have to wait for a new day to continue with the test... but in advance it promises a lot!!
P.G.

Thanks for the first impression. By all means do tell us what you find. If the 10x28 is that impressive, then the 7 must be even better (I'm under the impression that it looks more difficult to get a 10x right than an equivalent 7x).

This next weekend we will go birding at a nearby lagoon complex, and I will take the old skinned but still powerful Canon 12x36 II and compare it to the Maven 10x28...

Hello,
I was finally able to test the Maven C2 10x28 in a more or less decent way.
In a word: disappointment.
Maybe I had too high hopes...
The bino looks strong, powerful, with a focus wheel like cream, syave and precise, fantastic touch, adequate size-to-weight ratio.... but...
the image in the center center and very center on the axis Perfect, wonderful contrast and sharpness, but only in that tiny sweet spot, the rest of the field was full of distortions, down especially very blurry... I don't know if this is the norm or not... either I saw a lemon or I don't know what to think...
Maven disappointed me. ...
The Canon 12x36 is very superior.

@Pepitogrillo Such a pity reading this, since I had high expectations. I hope you can give further details after a more prolonged use.
Regarding the comparison with the Canon, it's a difficult match: a very compact (actually sub-compact) 230 $ 10x28 bino against an 800 $ IS device. The little Maven had a tough contender :) I wonder if you could compare it with a similarly priced 10x32, like a Diamondback, or a Celestron/Hawke/etc. in that price range to have a more even duel, so to speak. Let us know how you get on with them.

the truth is that I had many good expectations with this Maven model, let's say that its mechanical part is impeccable, creamy focus on point, exceptional grip, but its optical part disappointed me, in my opinion unacceptable for that quality stretch -price, I have tried some other half price 8x25 model like Nikon Sport with higher overall optical quality, could it be that I have touched a lemon? don't know..
Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back