• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mint/new 8x30 E IIs available (1 Viewer)

I'll just add that 10x users like me will find an E II a great way to experience 8x with FOV comparable to NL/SF, at a small fraction of the cost.

tenex,

I'm a fan of 10x as well and generally prefer 10 over 8x, but love the EII 8x30. As with almost everything else, the prices have gone up lately. Glad I got mine several years ago.

Mike

I'll just add that 10x users like me will find an E II a great way to experience 8x with FOV comparable to NL/SF, at a small fraction of the cost.
I wonder, did you also consider the Habicht 8x30? Or was it the huge FOV of the Nikon that drew you over the line? The eyecups of the Nikon E II suppose to be more comfortable as well... Never tried both of them... still

FOV is the essential reason I would use an 8x bin at all, so that was a decisive factor for me. Most other models seem a poor trade-off in this respect. (I wasn't specifically committed to a Porro at all, so not weighing the classic choice Habicht vs E II.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back