• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Missing colour plates from "Raptors of the World" 2001, by James Ferguson-Lees and David Christie. (2 Viewers)

Hi. I just bought myself a copy of Helm ID guide's "Raptors of the World" which was published in 2001 by authors James Ferguson-Lees and David A. Christie, and whilst I was skimming over the colour plates, I couldn't help but notice that plates 90 and 91 are exactly the same......the Pygmy falcon of Africa seems to not be illustrated anywhere in this book and instead both plates of individual numbers have illustrated the same species of forest falcons and the spot-winged falconet on both pages. Does anyone here own a copy of this book and kindly explain (if anyone knows why) the book had mentioned pygmy falcon and two other forest falcons in plate 90, only for the birds not being there. Thank you!.

My PDF of it is fine - it doesn't have a date/edn/print no. on it unfortunately.
I can't check my printed book at present - but now I'm left wondering if this is why I got it cheap 🤔👎🏼
It's a weird error - I don't see any point in the DTP > imposition > printing > binding process where it could easily have happened and have affected just a single page. Sounds like an inadvertent duplication/overwriting of a page when still being DTP'd.

My PDF of it is fine - it doesn't have a date/edn/print no. on it unfortunately.
I can't check my printed book at present - but now I'm left wondering if this is why I got it cheap 🤔👎🏼
It's a weird error - I don't see any point in the DTP > imposition > printing > binding process where it could easily have happened and have affected just a single page. Sounds like an inadvertent duplication/overwriting of a page when still being DTP'd.
In simpler terms, you mean, an error when it was being processed for publishing or a mistake made by the illustrators??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back