• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monarch HG good deals non gray market in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

agus_m

Argentina
Hello, after hours and hours of research I have decided to get a new Nikon Monarch HG 10x42 (or MHG? I mean the new model). A friend is coming from the Netherlands in a few weeks and is willing to bring me these binos since I simply can't get them here. I learned from these forums that there is a grey market and if you buy a pair you might not get the full warranty. Furthermore, I am also aware of the flexibility offered by some shops to return a product free of charge if you aren't satisfied with it, this would be nice. I searched for this item a few days ago and I think there was a huge discount in several stores, like ~900 euros in Optics-Trade, but now I can't find any of these deals anymore. Now it seems there isn't even stock of this product anymore in the majority of the shops. Could you give me some recommendations? I would like to get a good price but not buy in the "grey market". Thank you in advance!

If you purchased them from the EU, I would think that it would have a 10 warranty on (manufacturer deficiency), however you would have to ship to Nikon in the EU for service. Perhaps you could contact Nikon in the EU, such as the UK, Netherlands, Germany and ask how the warranty is handled if you were to bring it to Argentina.

If you purchased them from the EU, I would think that it would have a 10 warranty on (manufacturer deficiency), however you would have to ship to Nikon in the EU for service. Perhaps you could contact Nikon in the EU, such as the UK, Netherlands, Germany and ask how the warranty is handled if you were to bring it to Argentina.
I travel somewhat often to Europe so if there is a fault I'd bring it with me, if it is a factory defect that I notice now, my friend could bring it back I suppose too. But hopefully this is highly unlikely to happen.

I think it would be fine to buy it in other countries like Germany and have it shipped to the Netherlands. Although I am having trouble with determining what counts as the "grey market". Should I only buy from the listed shops on the Nikon.nl website, or should I just avoid buying it on Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back