• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Meopro HD 8x32 or new Nikon Monarch M7 8x30 (1 Viewer)

Royfinn

I am looking for light 300-400€ bin, mainly for GF and partly for me to use on walks etc. For more hardcore birding I use my Viking ED Pro 10x bin. We had older model Monarch 7 8x30 and it was quite satisfactory for both of us, so easy answer is to buy new Monarch. Meopro is on the sale for 350€ and M7 would be something like 390€. I read trough all the older discussions about Meopro and got mixed feeling. Some say it's worth 500€, some compare it to Conquest and other return it in shop same day. All kind of possible faults with it: blurry edges, (weight of 600g), strap handles in the wrong place, glare problems etc.

And of course there is other possibilities:
  • Kite Falco 365€, one great review Falco vs Lynx HD+ ¿Nikon M7 vs MHG? in this forum, but no other information.
  • Kowa BD II 6,5 XD 400€ could be interesting, but I have no experience with lower mag bins.
  • For lower price Vortex Diamondback or Nikon Prostaff P7.

I am looking for light 300-400€ bin, mainly for GF and partly for me to use on walks etc. For more hardcore birding I use my Viking ED Pro 10x bin. We had older model Monarch 7 8x30 and it was quite satisfactory for both of us, so easy answer is to buy new Monarch. Meopro is on the sale for 350€ and M7 would be something like 390€. I read trough all the older discussions about Meopro and got mixed feeling. Some say it's worth 500€, some compare it to Conquest and other return it in shop same day. All kind of possible faults with it: blurry edges, (weight of 600g), strap handles in the wrong place, glare problems etc.

And of course there is other possibilities:
  • Kite Falco 365€, one great review Falco vs Lynx HD+ ¿Nikon M7 vs MHG? in this forum, but no other information.
  • Kowa BD II 6,5 XD 400€ could be interesting, but I have no experience with lower mag bins.
  • For lower price Vortex Diamondback or Nikon Prostaff P7.
Go second hand Conquest 8x32 ????
Bombproof choice, especially as a back up

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back