• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montrose basin (uk) wader. Mystery wader (1 Viewer)

bonxie birder

Going for the One
United Kingdom
I took this rubbish photo of a wader on Friday assuming it was a ruff. Given the presence of a sharp-tail today is anyone going to answer my prayers?

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
Could you give a location that includes (at least) a country, please? Thanks.
Plausible for ruff. Legs too long for (I assume you mean) sharp-tailed sandpiper.

I took this rubbish photo of a wader on Friday assuming it was a ruff. Given the presence of a sharp-tail today is anyone going to answer my prayers?
So you would happily 'tick' Sharp-tailed Sand on the say so of someone on the forum identifying it as such from a poor image, not having identified it yourself in the field, just because there was one about in the area?

Well dodgy!

RB

So you would happily 'tick' Sharp-tailed Sand on the say so of someone on the forum identifying it as such from a poor image, not having identified it yourself in the field, just because there was one about in the area?

Well dodgy!

RB
Ha ha. That would be well dodgy, but just an out-of-interest question is a lot more fun. But if you want to take that approach it’s already inked in, dated and the photo I took of a genuine STS in Hong Kong is already on the way to the rarities committee. I’m sure you’re happy now. 😁😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back