• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Most exciting birds of India? (1 Viewer)

zachindia

What are the birds that you get most excited about seeing?

Which birds would you travel to India to see?

What is your favorite Indian endemic bird?

I stay here in Delhi, and am very curious which birds people really want to see in this great country!

Zach

For me:

1. I get most excited seeing something new! As I am new to birding, there are many, but I'd love to see as many sunbirds as I can!

2. I would love to see the Indian Pitta!

3. Malabar Hornbill! I love hornbills!

Zach

Too many to list, but off the top of my head, Indian Bustard, Lesser Florican and Jerdon's Courser.

All of those are awesome birds! It would make my 2014 to see one of those (hopefully I'll get a chance to travel and try for one!) My father and I traveled here this year, we went to Corbett area. So many great birds! Highlight was probably the Ibisbill for us!

Indian Bustard, Blue-naped Pitta, Bugun Liocichla, Bengal Florican, Himalayan Quail, Pink-headed Duck, Jerdon's Courser, Western Tragopan, Narcondam Hornbill, Forest Owlet and White-bellied Heron.

Painted Stork is quiet nice, i never imagine such a stork with that pinkish wash on tail! But if we're talking about rarity, not just beauty, i would like to see Jerdon's courser and Pink-headed Duck :)

All of the above plus Ibisbill, Blue-bearded Bee-eater & Great Slaty Woodpecker.

And my avatar bird of course. All of these are eclipsed by Bengal Tiger though!

I was lucky enough to see the Ibisbill and Great slaty this year.

It was awesome to watch the Great slaty's following each other from tree to tree! I was in Corbett National Park. Saw the Slaty's in Dikhala, and the Ibisbill at the Gairial temple outside the park.

I'd recommend tigersincorbett.com Check them out on indiamike.com They get great reviews and recommends. Personally I don't love birding from a jeep, but it's the only option inside the park.

And for the record, I don't have any affiliation with Ramesh at tigersincorbett.com, but I am well traveled in India, and he does a really good job.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back