• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My first Brambling (1 Viewer)

Dale5

I think I'm on a roll for new birdies at the moment. As if I thought having a Reed Bunting visit my garden yesterday was enough excitement. :t:

Just came back from visiting the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Edgbaston and I spotted my first Brambling. Lovely markings and colours. So another one I can add to my list. What shall I see tomorrow - a Yellowhammer? Do I get to choose? :'D
The Brambling was flying with the Chaffinches. Other birds spotted whilst I was there were a Siskin, Goldcrests, Nuthatches, Blackbird, Robin, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Dunnocks, Wren, Woodpigeons and not forgetting the resident Peacocks. Not bad for a lunchtime.

I am quite lucky as I only work 5 minutes from the Gardens and visit quite regularly in my lunchtime for a stroll around.

For anyone who lives in the Midlands or fancies a day out. It's definately worth a visit.
There's a lot to see and do. :t:

http://www.birminghambotanicalgardens.org.uk/

Well what a week you are having Dale!! I haven't visited the gardens for a long time, so I will pencil it in for a visit soon I think.

Well the week you're having I'd buy a lottery ticket at the weekend Dale!!! :clap:
Great birds Bramblings especially on a sunny day when you can see all those orange colours....wonderful,well done!!
Best wishes,

Well done on the brambling Dale.

We had our first (and only so far) brambling last year, in amongst the chaffinches. I did manage to get some piccies so I could identify what the bird was.

Keep looking, as you say, you're on a roll, who knows who may visit you tomorrow.

Cheers, (o)<

Hi Dale.

What a wonderful way to refresh yourself for the afternoon session at work. I can imagine that there must be times when you think " To heck with work, I'm staying here for the afternoon," and who could blame you if you did. There seems to be a lovely selection of birds to brighten up your stroll, and the Brambling would make a nice list topper on any walk, it's a good while since I last saw one.

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Dale (and all),

We've just had our first Brambling in the garden this afternoon, sadly it didn't stay long but as it's the first time we're not expecting too much anyway.

We've also had a pair of Siskins, both at the same time and for a good while. Good luck with all of yours, now let's keep it up Dale, but if we can't there's always another season! All the best,

Sue

Hi Dale,

Nice one, haven't seen a Brambling for years and it's not for want of looking, I always search the Chaffinches just in case but....

You should take a camera to the Gardens, plenty of photo opportunities there by the sound of it.

Cheers, Bill

Bramblings are smashing.Such rich clear cut colours.One of my favourites but,I suppose I have scores of favourites.

Well spotted. maurice

Dale5 said:
I think I'm on a roll for new birdies at the moment. As if I thought having a Reed Bunting visit my garden yesterday was enough excitement. :t:

Just came back from visiting the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Edgbaston and I spotted my first Brambling. Lovely markings and colours. So another one I can add to my list. What shall I see tomorrow - a Yellowhammer? Do I get to choose? :'D
The Brambling was flying with the Chaffinches. Other birds spotted whilst I was there were a Siskin, Goldcrests, Nuthatches, Blackbird, Robin, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Dunnocks, Wren, Woodpigeons and not forgetting the resident Peacocks. Not bad for a lunchtime.

I am quite lucky as I only work 5 minutes from the Gardens and visit quite regularly in my lunchtime for a stroll around.

For anyone who lives in the Midlands or fancies a day out. It's definately worth a visit.
There's a lot to see and do. :t:

http://www.birminghambotanicalgardens.org.uk/
Hi Dale :hi:
I have friends in Birmingham and when I go up to see them we always try to fit in a visit to the Botanical Gardens. I've seen it in sunshine and rain, Winter and Summer and I still love to go there. I especially like the old gnarled pine trees around the pondy bit although the pond looked a bit sad last time I was there.
My friends have recently become converted to birding and now go to the Gardens for RSPB days too. Last time they were there they watched nuthatches through someone's scope and were positively buzzing about the experience.
I agree, it's a great place. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back