• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (42 Viewers)

this is going to be a winner, personally I'd leave out the background, but I find it impossible to paint birds in landscapes convincingly whereas you can, so go for it! Looking forward to seeing updates.

Don't feel lonely Arthur! Plenty of movement in the fire in the sky pic, could be very effective at a large scale. And these shelducks are going to be a triumph too. They're a bird I tend to glance at then pass on but actually they're pretty good looking birds, I'll pay them a bit more attention next time.

Woody

Love the shelducks Arthur - brilliantly drawn.
Just one very minor point to look at - check the ripples on the water grow in size as they get closer to us - relative to the scale you're painting the birds. I can't quite make out if that's happening or not - it's gonna be another beauty!

Thankyou Alan & Tim.
Salthouse Marshes today

Attachments

• Lapw1.jpg
    Lapw1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Lapw2.jpg
    Lapw2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Lapw3.jpg
    Lapw3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I feel another painting coming along, the middle sketch is great as it is compositionally, just add some paint!

I knew the shelducks would be a winner and you've not disappointed at all, great pic!

Love the sketches too, so typical of the time of year.

Woody

Thankyou all kind Sirs.
I think I will have a try at this composition.

you bloody well better, and looking back, I realise that I commented on your shelducks before it was finished. May I repeat myself and say that it is quality (my sense of decency forbids me from using the expletives that such excellent work deserves, despite what the wine is telling me, oh go on, just one, it's f***ing ace!)

Go for it Arthur! Another example of that natural 'higgledy piggledy' composition type that seems to have had something of a rush here lately. I'm going to have to join in!

Woody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back