• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (34 Viewers)

Some sketches from yesterday.
just looked out of the window Black Redstart in the garden.

Attachments

• L1200458.jpg
    L1200458.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 51
  • L1200460.jpg
    L1200460.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 63
the long taileds are perfection! Fluffballs with features. Still waiting for my Black Redstart in the garden this year, they seem to be thin on the ground. Serins seem to be very late back too.

Super sketches Arthur. I reckon you should sell tickets for your garden, how come I never get black redstart in my garden, s'not fair!

Mike

Super sketches Arthur. I reckon you should sell tickets for your garden, how come I never get black redstart in my garden, s'not fair!

Mike

I think Mike is right. It never ceases to amaze me the wonderful sketches of wonderful birds done right in your garden.

I'll buy a ticket for these, the black redstarts esp( really black redstart, why not just blackstarts?)

Hi Colleen Redstart means red tail in old English( stert or steort)
as we have a Common Redstart which has a rufus breast & front where the black is that except for the tiail. not anything like your Redstart

thanks, my dumb question got some lovely answers! I'm here to learn:t: but it just amazes me you all know so many different birds.

Superb Long-tails, Arthur. The bird in flight has been caught amazingly. Did you blink and burn it on to the retina ( a technique I've been told works with practice ), or is it from pure observation? Great stuff, however you managed it. The rest have so much character they look like they'll hop off the page - an oft-used cliche but so right in this case.

Russ

Ta Russ,
I hope its from getting to know your subject through observation. I have a pair in the garden all the while now they have found the meal worms, a right pair of charactors. coming into the feeder head on they reminded me of a Herc. or C130. Oh to have a photographic memory.

A lot to catch up on.
Getting older nowand takes longer to get back up on your feet now.
Some sketches of Phill Mk. 2 . Thinks he owns the garden.

Attachments

• L1200881.jpg
    L1200881.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 59
  • L1200921.jpg
    L1200921.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 51
  • L1200922.jpg
    L1200922.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 47
  • L1200923.jpg
    L1200923.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 45
Totally unacceptable and unforgivable, Arthur - and I was about to berate you even further for your lack of posts on this thread when I inadvertantly skimmed back a few posts to see where you'd been and stumbled upon yet another wonderful barnie and l-t tits and blackstarts . . . . and all without comment from YT. Sorry mate - age catches up with us all and I am now putting this oversight down to my own senior moments!!!!
These pheasants (this pheasant, really) are the toppest of the toppermost drawings I've had the privilege of. Bursting with character and piercingly accurate in jiz and anatomy - fecking cracking work, pal!

What a brilliant pheasant collection. Lucky to have him in the garden Arthur. Glad you're 'back on your feet'.

Mike

such mastery over a species, each and every last corner of th epaper is brimming with life and such impact with the colours.

Thankyou all.
Colleens inspiration decided to bring the sketch on from Titchwell,March this year

Attachments

• L1200953.jpg
    L1200953.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 53
  • L1200956.jpg
    L1200956.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back