• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (41 Viewers)

Yes a veiw I never tire of Nick
I had to clear up the mess after finishingthe barnies but I do try to keep it fairly tidy.
phil they were after green fly but their bills came out covered in pollen.
No apol. for more H/sparrows

Attachments

• L1220215.jpg
    L1220215.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • L1220217.jpg
    L1220217.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 52
These lastest sketches are a joy yet again, Arthur. I'm particularly drawn to the 'spuggies' (that's Barnsley lingo, mate); you've got the face patterns of the male are down to T. Fine sketches of a very under-rated bird.

Russ

good! about time - have been waiting for this - I like the top-heavy composition - as though the chubby spuggies could bend the flowers - shows how delicate they are.

Glorious composition Arthur!

I await further posts.

It is already reminding me of C.F. Tunnicliffe.

I'm sure it will be delicate, but masterful!

And a good one...

Take good time over this.

The Lupin head sketching out is fabulous. That hen HS is superb.

Delicate, and subtle flower head, without strong tones...

Light and direction.

Love it so far!

Love seeing this develop Arthur!

It's so unusual to see Lupin and Spuggies together like this!

Fascinating composition!

I used to tell my children, when they were small, that the Bees were "kissing" the flowers ...

That makes this work even more special!

Take your time, and please yourself with this delightful portrayal of a very personal observation.

For some reason I just couldn't see what the earlier sketches looked like, either on my desktop or my laptop. They were just pure white more or less. But now that I can see what's going on I see a beautifully composed, very colorful composition.

I think this will be another of your winners Arthur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back