• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Natural World-Giant Otters of the Amazon Sat BBC2 20.00-21.00pm (1 Viewer)

I thought this was a repeat, but it's saying it's a new programme.

I thought that too, JT

I find if a progamme is a repeat, it shows up on here as having the same information as before - so it is a giveaway.

In this case it has not shown any information, unless it was not added before, and overlooked as a programme in this area. :gh:

Regards
Kathy
x

I saw about half of it tonight. The sequence where the Otters were working together to kill the Caiman was incredible. Some of the most heart stopping wildlife footage that I have ever seen.

Ron

I saw about half of it tonight. The sequence where the Otters were working together to kill the Caiman was incredible. Some of the most heart stopping wildlife footage that I have ever seen.

I happened to watch this program and found that rather surprising too ...

(Please can a mod correct the spelling in the title of this thread please ;) Would have posted earlier)

I happened to watch this program and found that rather surprising too ...

(Please can a mod correct the spelling in the title of this thread please ;) Would have posted earlier)

What is wrong with the title?

If it is my spelling i have cataracts in my eyes - just incase :gh:

Regards
Kathy
x

What is wrong with the title?

If it is my spelling i have cataracts in my eyes - just incase :gh:

Well it's correct now ;) I thought it was 'gaint' but I could be wrong ... thanks to a mod if they altered it, my apologies to you if it was never wrong ... I can't win lol.

In any case, I tried a search on 'giant otter' earlier this evening - and just now - and nothing comes up, which is a bit weird ...

Anyway, good program :t:

Well it's correct now ;) I thought it was 'gaint' but I could be wrong ... thanks to a mod if they altered it, my apologies to you if it was never wrong ... I can't win lol.

In any case, I tried a search on 'giant otter' earlier this evening - and just now - and nothing comes up, which is a bit weird ...

Anyway, good program :t:

No worries Dan.

I do struggle with my eyesight until my operation to my right eye, so i can see better.

Regards
Kathy
z

'giant otters' works though ... never realised you have to get all the words exactly correct ... my fault!

No worries Dan.

I do struggle with my eyesight until my operation to my right eye, so i can see better.

Good luck when it comes to the time for your op ...

Last edited:
I'll second Dan! Cataracts is quite a routine operation these days, but good luck all the same!

Thanks JT for your kind thoughts

I have had my left eye done, and it is fine and brillant. Right eye is 'rubbish and a 'grey fog' to get around

Due to the extreme sight differences between my left and right eye it is a bowl of fuzz at the moment LOL - eekekeeekkk

A wee bit off topic, but if I spell badly and modify my posts a lot that is the reason why ;),

Thank you for understanding

Regards
Kathy
x

I see that the programme is repeated today (Sunday) on BBC2 at 14.40pm - 15.40pm to those who did not see it

I missed it myself due to watching something else on TV last night.

Regards
Kathy
x

Enjoyed it very much :t::t::t:

Some of the birds shown where interesting - a Kingfisher species, and one or two others I did not know

The Cormorants, and the Herons - they where eating huge fish they could hardley swallow - greedy things :eek!:

The paramas (sp) are scary fish indeed...not to be messed with with those teeth. :eek!:

I felt sorry for the Otters having to endure being attacked by Camines (sp) over and over again - they had a hard life in that way. The youngsters whers so easy to castch by any preditor

Worth a watch anyday :t::t::t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back