• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need lens covers or lens caps for my Traveller BGA 8x32 (2 Viewers)

MiguelATF

Just purchased a lightly used Traveller BGA 8x32 for a reasonable price and initial impressions are seriously favorable. These are lovely little binoculars. Only one minor issue - the seller didn't supply me with either rubber covers (for the objectives) or lens caps (for the oculars). I'm wondering --
a) if anyone knows where I could get these?
or
b) if there are inexpensive replacements available and if so where?
and/or
c) if any experienced Opticronians know the exact diameters (in mm or inches or whatever) of the respective objective & ocular lenses (as I suspect these might come in handy while searching for covers/caps)
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
And, just for fun, I'm posting an iPhone photo of my new Traveller...!

Opticron_Travllers.jpg

In the U.K. both the rain guard (eye piece) and objective covers are available from Amazon.
If that is the case in your country then this might well be your best source for these items

The part numbers you need are as follows (with Amazon ASINs to search for to purchase):

31025 37mm BGA Rainguard - B005XXZ3HO
31059 Objective Lens Cover for Outer Diameter 38-39mm - B00YXDFXUW

Both are showing as in stock on Amazon.com at time of writing.

HTH

Best regards, Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back