• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New competition! (1 Viewer)

Four days to go now!

I didn't give the time on April 6th for the deadline to the First Egg competition! I've decided this will be 8pm GMT on this day.

In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who entered his/her guesses first.

Less than 4 hours to go now!

Fluffy became very enthusiastic while we were away at the BF event at Minsmere - we can't identify the pink stuff she has brought in. The pics show the state of the boxes this afternoon. Entries close at 8pm, GMT!

Attachments

• Comp1.jpg
    Comp1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Comp2.jpg
    Comp2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 115
Competition news - a first for Fluffy!

No - not an egg, but she roosted in the box for the first time last night. We noticed that she seemed to be settling down around 7.15pm, but kept looking up anxiously at the light, so we switched it off. We allowed ourselves a very quick look around 10pm, and caught just one photograph. She certainly is well ahead of Fantail - at the moment!

Attachments

• Fluffyasleep.jpg
    Fluffyasleep.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 50
Elizabeth Bigg said:
No - not an egg, but she roosted in the box for the first time last night. We noticed that she seemed to be settling down around 7.15pm, but kept looking up anxiously at the light, so we switched it off. We allowed ourselves a very quick look around 10pm, and caught just one photograph. She certainly is well ahead of Fantail - at the moment!

COME ON FLUFFY - don’t let me down !!!

Only 13 ¼ hours to go to meet my prediction !!! I’ve just had a quick look at Box 2 & it’s looking very cosy in there – perfect for egg laying surely ????

AnnieW said:
COME ON FLUFFY - don’t let me down !!!

Only 13 ¼ hours to go to meet my prediction !!! I’ve just had a quick look at Box 2 & it’s looking very cosy in there – perfect for egg laying surely ????

I doubt if she'll oblige, Annie - I'm pretty certain that in the 3 years we have had cameras in boxes, the eggs have always been laid in the early morning. She is still taking stuff out sometimes too! I'll put some feathers out for her - last year they were collected quite quickly when I did this.

Fluffy is still working hard on her nest, bringing in "bedding" - and taking it out again (though not in this shot)!!!

Attachments

• Fluffy flight.jpg
    Fluffy flight.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 57
Competition news - Fantail is roosting

Fantail roosted in her box for the first time last night, but her nest does not look ready to receive any eggs yet.

Attachments

• Fantail roost.jpg
    Fantail roost.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Fantailnest.jpg
    Fantailnest.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back