• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (7 Viewers)

Thank you Leo, thank you all! I spend many hours yesterday at the beautiful Nymphenburg park close to the Nymphenburg palace in Munich, and returned back home more than rewarded with a watercolour study of the Tawny owl(studies of the same bird have been uploaded in the recent past), a breeding Great crested Grebe and a Bic pen study of a Yellow legged gull couple...

Attachments

• Great-crested-Grebe-breedin.jpg
    Great-crested-Grebe-breedin.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Tawny-owl-watercolour.jpg
    Tawny-owl-watercolour.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 95
  • Yellow-legged-gulls.jpg
    Yellow-legged-gulls.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 78
The grebe is a beautifully tranquil scene, and the owl is a great demo of your skilful brushwork - the feathering on the breast is superb!

After a month, I used the chance to visit Nymphenburg park once again hoping to make a couple of studies..The Tawny owl was still there , though not as cooperative as expected, but decided to work without the aid of my scope, and this is how the tree looks like seen with "naked" eyes...At the lake close to the owl tree I spotted one of the Yellow -legged gulls and as soon the owl picture was completed, I dedicated an hour to make a couple of studies and didn`t regret it....

Attachments

• Tawny-owl-overal.jpg
    Tawny-owl-overal.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Yellow-legged-gull-initial.jpg
    Yellow-legged-gull-initial.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 58
  • Yellow-legged-gull-swimm.jpg
    Yellow-legged-gull-swimm.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 94
Nice sense of light in all of them. It's no surprise that you also handle it well in the tree and foliage but still it's nice to see that you do it so well.

Great new stuff! "Caramela" is fabulous, and so is the Tawny owl from post 362 (the almost monochromatic feeling to it is gorgeous) and then the gulls, all of them. It's a true pleasure to see these pieces. Thank you for showing.

I never tire of looking at your work Paschalis , you make it look so effortless. you have a wonderful eye for detail and capture the personality of whatever you are doing at the time. arthur

Thank you all so much! All of your comments mean a lot to me!
This time I`d like to show you several studies made from life at Augsburg zoo ( town close to Munich), and a couple of eagle owls sketched at a small zoo in Northern Germany last week, using Bic pen of course....

Attachments

• African-forest-buffalo.jpg
    African-forest-buffalo.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Dalmatian-pelican-Augsburg.jpg
    Dalmatian-pelican-Augsburg.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 46
  • East-Caucasian-tur.jpg
    East-Caucasian-tur.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Grey-heron.jpg
    Grey-heron.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Mountain-goat.jpg
    Mountain-goat.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
...and the second portion....

Attachments

• Onager.jpg
    Onager.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Ruddy-shelduck.jpg
    Ruddy-shelduck.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Eagle-owl-study-1.jpg
    Eagle-owl-study-1.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Eagle-owl-study-2.jpg
    Eagle-owl-study-2.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 64
Beautiful work; so accurate, swift and clean. Is the Bic pen you use a standard ball-point pen or a kind of felt tip? Whatever it is, you make a fine crisp line with it.

Absolutely love your work, amazing what can be achieved with a humble Bic biro by someone who knows what they are doing! Looking forward to more...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back