• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Genesis Models? (1 Viewer)

Upland

Kowa is fire saleing their 33 and 44mm Genesis models now and I’m wondering if it’s to clear the way for updated models. I know they’ve been working on a Genesis upgrade for several years now from a friend who works for them. Will be interesting to see. If they can improve on the current models and keep the same price point that will be pretty amazing!

I hope so. But maybe it’s just 4th of July sale.

I’d like to see new Genesis 8x33 and a new Conquest HD 8x32.

Could be but I’ve never seen them priced this low and I know they’ve shown their reps prototypes in the past year. So hopefully they’re coming out soon.

Haha! OP does have the best price but the estimated ship date for the 8x33 is about a month! Of course with OP that often means nothing. I could easily get an email in the next couple days saying they’ve shipped. Or 5 months from now I could get one saying they’ve been discontinued lol.

My friend at Kowa says no new Genesis soon. Just plenty of inventory and thus the sale.

“We are not moving off the Genesis. We had ordered a ton of stock of all of our items over the last couple years, hoping to avoid any backorder delays to our dealers/customers that some other manufacturers were facing.”

Some day but it doesn’t sound like it will be soon.

What would you like to be changed? I have never looked through one but I heard they are exceptional because of the partial fluoride glass.

Although I am very happy with my Genesis 8,5x44 and prefer it above my EL SV 8,5x42 I would like to see a little loss of weight and brighter in low light. Of course wider FOV and edge sharpness are welcome but please keep the focusser :)
Oh, and just keep the diopter simple!
What do you like better in the Genesis than the EL?

What do you like better in the Genesis than the EL?
Hi, a few things I like better, although they are very close of course: yes, it's a little heavier but the balance and stability are great. The eyecups fit my glasses better, with the EL/SV I see more blackouts. I like the focusser better: smoother in both was and it feels more solid. And somehow I like the colours. Difficult to put it in words but they look warm but natural and vivid and "contrasty". EL SV 2012 a tiny bit more artificial. Although I alsof think that my feelings are a bit biased by the thought that the Genesis are half the price of the EL :) But if the EL would be my only bins I still would be extremely happy.

Hi, a few things I like better, although they are very close of course: yes, it's a little heavier but the balance and stability are great. The eyecups fit my glasses better, with the EL/SV I see more blackouts. I like the focusser better: smoother in both was and it feels more solid. And somehow I like the colours. Difficult to put it in words but they look warm but natural and vivid and "contrasty". EL SV 2012 a tiny bit more artificial. Although I alsof think that my feelings are a bit biased by the thought that the Genesis are half the price of the EL :) But if the EL would be my only bins I still would be extremely happy.
Yup, I can see how ergonomics can play a huge roll especially when optics are reasonably close. As far as color rendition, I get that as well. Swaros are very neutral. Also some people don’t like the very flat field, the Kowa’s have a more curved field and some like that as well.

Thank you

Hello,
It caught my attention that the 33 and 44mm Kowa Genesis models practically have the same price, this is not usual, is it?
Does anyone know why?
a greeting
pg.

Attachments

• 1660657669147.png
    1660657669147.png
    312 bytes · Views: 8
Hello,
It caught my attention that the 33 and 44mm Kowa Genesis models practically have the same price, this is not usual, is it?
Does anyone know why?
a greeting
pg.
No they are not. And I think the sale is over on the 33, at least at B&H. I’m selling one , new in box for a lot less😉

Attachments

• B0AE2F4C-3E1F-4150-8E30-8DBF9B1428C0.jpeg
    B0AE2F4C-3E1F-4150-8E30-8DBF9B1428C0.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 57
Although I am very happy with my Genesis 8,5x44 and prefer it above my EL SV 8,5x42 I would like to see a little loss of weight and brighter in low light. Of course wider FOV and edge sharpness are welcome but please keep the focusser :)
Oh, and just keep the diopter simple!
I agree about the focuser. It may be a sample variation, but on my Kowa Genesis 8,5x44 the focuser is perfect (fast and smooth but not to smooth...even in freezy conditions). I also like the fact that the wheel is rather big/long and it gives a good grip. Also the placement of the focus wheel is perfect, I think. I also own a Nikon EDG 8x42, but with that one I have major issues with the focus wheel.

I agree about the focuser. It may be a sample variation, but on my Kowa Genesis 8,5x44 the focuser is perfect (fast and smooth but not to smooth...even in freezy conditions). I also like the fact that the wheel is rather big/long and it gives a good grip. Also the placement of the focus wheel is perfect, I think. I also own a Nikon EDG 8x42, but with that one I have major issues with the focus wheel.
I had an EDG 8x42 as well in 2012. Lovely binoculars and I am sure I would still own them except for the focus wheel problem. Smooth as silk but the dioptre wandered together with it and Nikon couldn't provide me a normal working example. Too bad

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back