• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Panasonic m4/3 cameras for 2016? (1 Viewer)

Hobbes2

I've been trying to find any reference to new m4/3 bodies from Panasonic coming out in 2016. The only rumour I've found so far is for a GH5 (to replace the GH4). I was wondering if anyone new of others that might be planned for in the near future. I'm particularly interested in an upgrade to the Panasonic G7 (to include the new 20MP sensor now used in the GX8 etc).
Thanks
Hobbes

Hobbes,
reading the 4/3 site I have not seen mention of a new G8 yet. I cannot remember how long the period was between g6 and g7, but that could possibly give you some direction?

I think DPReview said that the G7 had the best continuous/tracking AF of any m4/3 camera when they tested it.

Niels

Thanks Niels. I think they update the model annually (roughly), which is why I was surprised I hadn't seen anything about a new G8 on the horizon. Not to worry. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Thanks again :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back