• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Retrovid 7x35 (1 Viewer)

My question, above, was merely that if someone ELSE felt that they could pocket a 7x35 Retro, I didn't see why they couldn't also pocket a UVHD+ 8x32, as well.
They are both NOT pocketable....they were not designed with that in mind while the 8x20's on the other hand are. But then again with the 8x20's you have essentially a 'toy-like' feel which is something I am not in favor of on a basis outside of a 'fun hike with the wife' and not true birding. The 8x32 or 7x35's offer more bulk, which is something I think one needs and are truly birding bins. jim

Today I went boating on the Mekong with the Retrovid 7x35. Walking to and from the river, i put it in the pocket of my shorts. The Retrovid fits my pocket well and easily. Can say that I hid it well. I don't think any modern 8x32 can do that.
Hey JIM! See Post #223. That's what I have been referring to.

Apparently, some people find 7x35 Retrovid pocketable. :cool: And, it's probably likely that galazie1 could put a UVHD+ 8x32 in the same pocket where he stuffed that Retrovid.

I don't think of them as pocket binoculars, myself. ;)

They are both NOT pocketable....they were not designed with that in mind while the 8x20's on the other hand are. But then again with the 8x20's you have essentially a 'toy-like' feel...
But they actually are easily pocketable for large pant pockets, as seen in pictures of the 7x35 earlier in the thread, and on a regular basis in my jacket pockets with my 8x32 Ultravid or Trinovids.

No toy-like feel with the 8x20 either, although definitely not as substantial as what you're used to carrying.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back