• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Thread For Birdpotter (2 Viewers)

Glad you found your binoculars and welcome Beth, from someone who joined after your sabbatical.

Now what about the lost cow? Anxious to see more of your work. I couldn't help but think of the work of a friend of mine who I haven't seen in 25+ years. His father was a cattle rancher and he just couldn't resist doing painterly cow paintings, though I think he managed to sneak in a bit of Matisse like color.

I'm going to hit it hard this week, so I have something to show. I've got my bins, plenty of sketch books, and plenty of old canvas...oh and a ton of clay that will be seeing the kiln VERY soon (that's what I am most excited about).

Ken, took a quick look at your site. Really like your work.

Peace out, yo.

Last edited:
I'm going to hit it hard this week, so I have something to show. I've got my bins, plenty of sketch books, and plenty of old canvas...oh and a ton of clay that will be seeing the kiln VERY soon (that's what I am most excited about).

what a clarion call- welcome back

Ed!! Just looking at your thread. Great stuff! When I take a break today, I am going to go back and read all of it...I want to be just as relaxed as Tim and it seems your thread might be the laxative I need. :-O

Okay, here's a little taste.
None of these are finished...haven't even been fired yet. The first one is extremely blurry, but I wanted to get some shots off before I head out for a few beers tonight. I seem to be on a pelican kick. There is the two here and then there is a larger one in my kiln waiting patiently to be fired. I just seem to be digging their form, I guess.
Cheers! B :)

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 45
dig dig dig more....wonderful clayey pots! of great strength and honesty, I mean it looks like clay, and the forms and textures are incorporated with great unfussy artistry....I used to do some pottery and just to throw the pot before the carving is a feat....Can't wait to see the finished work...

.wonderful clayey pots! of great strength and honesty, I mean it looks like clay, and the forms and textures are incorporated with great unfussy artistry....

Have to agree with Colleen. They seem honest, strong, with unfussy artistry. It should be a pleasure to see them once fired. They really have a great direct, bold feel to them.

only one

Here's only one painting I've been working on this term. The photo makes it a little washed out. I've gone all non-objective on yo' asses.

I have 3 more weeks of school and then I can get back to clay--for good.
I guess I really should send some photos of the finished products of those last pieces...I think one is in a storefront already though...geez, I hope I made an inventory list...

Attachments

• crush3small.jpg
    crush3small.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 44
Only just noticed this thread....your first posting words 'holy crap' caught my attention and i thought..'this could be interesting'...!;)

As i'm a relative newcomer to this department of BF i am not aware of the 'stuff' you usually do...but i'm liking what i've seen so far!

Love the pots...and that last painting you posted...quite excellent n very cool...:t:

ps...look forward to seeing more....!

Gorgeous colours, Beth. I can see this pure design really appeals to you; the obvious application in glaze is apparent - some graceful flutey-type thingy with whisps of colour and shape flowing up and away.

Non objective it is, so what I see is loads of different bird shapes the more I look, the more I find. That's my interpretation and I guess I'm a bit obsessed!

Mike

Non objective it is, so what I see is loads of different bird shapes the more I look, the more I find. That's my interpretation and I guess I'm a bit obsessed!

Mike

I immediately 'saw' a nuthatch of sorts....and actually...the vivid blue reminded me of the species Velvet Fronted Nuthatch from Asia...!

I love the color combo/structure of that painting...it really lured me in...[guess i'm obsessed too]...!

Energetic and very well composed, and you know you often don't see those qualities together. But my question is what is that Grosbeak doing in the lower right?

Seriously I think there's a lot in this painting and it bodes well for future work whether in clay or paint. I'm afraid I came too late to the forum to see most of your work in clay so I'm looking forward to seeing some.

I'm a newbie on here too, so never saw all your old stuff, but this all looks terrifc. Especially the Salvador Dali style Nuthatch! can't wait to see tons more from you :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back