• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to forum (1 Viewer)

Rob M

United Kingdom
Hello everyone
I'm an enthusiastic but not particularly competent bird watcher living in Essex.
I also spend a fair bit of time in Scotland.

Although living in suburbia - I've got easy & quick access to woodland, farmed areas & estuary habitats.

I look forward to sharing sighting
( & hopefully exciting) experiences on this forum.

Thanks & Regards
Rob M

Hi Rob and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Rob and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thanks Delia
At around 8:20 this morning - I'm fairly certain I spotted a male whitethroat.
It was in a suburban street on the outskirts of Rayleigh Essex
The street is less than 100 yards from woodland, open farmland & bramble thickets.
On searching the normal / average visiting dates for whitethroats - it appears this one is a good three weeks early.
From what I can gather previous early sightings have occurred further west - like Wales / West Country.
I'll be keeping an eye out for future sightings - hopefully they'll be breeding in this area come summer- & this male may have a head start on his rivals.

Gosh, that does seem early. I hope there's some insects around for him to eat. But I guess there may be as it's been very warm this last week.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back