• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newly hatched bluebirds (1 Viewer)

Bluebirdkelly

United States
Unfortunately, my first brood of baby bluebirds did not make it after three days. I checked on the nest today. Mom and dad are still protecting and watching over However, the babies were not alive. Dad is being very protective and swooping in on me. How long should I leave the nest? They are still going in and out of the nest so I wonder if I should leave it for a couple days until they have rejected the nest. So very sad. It has been an unusually cold week since their birth so I feel like the low temperatures down to the mid 30s had something to do with their chances of survival.

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I can’t really help with your question, but would definitely give it a few days.

Hi Kelly and a warm welcome from me too. I'd leave them alone and not go near or touch the nest until the breeding season is over.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

It would be best not to touch the nest until the end of the summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back