• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nice non-Leica case for the Trinovid 10x25 BCA (2 Viewers)

Alaska4me

United States
My favorite "on-me-at-all-times" camera is the Canon PowerShot SX740HS. My old case for it got tired, I was looking for a new one, and settled on another Lowepro, the Tahoe CS 20.

The original Leica soft leather case has been serving me quite well, yet is somewhat tight, and will not house the 10x25 with fully extended eyecups. The Tahoe does, with room to spare. Plus, it is rather well padded, and comes in a friendly red. Winner-winner, chicken dinner... :love:

IMG_8875.JPG

IMG_8876 (2).JPG

IMG_8878 (2).JPG

I figured I do not use cases, eyecups, covers, straps, etc. with my pocket trinovid 8x20. I leave the pocket bin with eyecups extended in the pocket of my coat ready to pick when I need it, as quick as possible. Even the strap can be a distraction (I really like the detacheable strap of the trinovids because of that. I mostly put the strap in another pocket, in case I need it). Don't you have the same experience? I have no experience with this pocket bin in summertime yet, on moments I don't wear a coat. When I put the bin in the pocket of my jeans, I might use a cover or case. I don't know yet...

I figured I do not use cases, eyecups, covers, straps, etc. with my pocket trinovid 8x20. I leave the pocket bin with eyecups extended in the pocket of my coat ready to pick when I need it, as quick as possible. Even the strap can be a distraction (I really like the detacheable strap of the trinovids because of that. I mostly put the strap in another pocket, in case I need it). Don't you have the same experience? I have no experience with this pocket bin in summertime yet, on moments I don't wear a coat. When I put the bin in the pocket of my jeans, I might use a cover or case. I don't know yet...
Reinier,

For summer carry, you might try carrying with the strap around your neck but also put the 8x20 in your shirt pocket which protects the lenses and prevents swing and sway. Still allows quick deployment by pulling them out with the strap. Looks to me like the Trinovid 8x20 was designed to be used this way as a possible option and I have been carrying them this way for a while. Works vey well for me usually even quicker than from pants pocket and even more secure. I agree for carrying in a pants pocket the strap is more an encumbrance.

Mike

I leave the pocket bin with eyecups extended in the pocket of my coat ready to pick when I need it, as quick as possible.

Same here. As a matter of fact, I pick my field shirts by the size of their chest pockets. Too many wannabe garments these days go more by looks than practicality.

Might as well have the best :love:

IMG_9014.JPGIMG_9015.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back