• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Action Ex 7x35 how far does the diopter adjustment dial go? (1 Viewer)

frostedimposter

India
Today I bought my first bino, Action ex 7x35
But I am getting a blurred image from the right lens.
I observed this while trying to set the diopter dial.
Whatever I did I could not bring the image in focus with both eyes after adjusting with one eye at a time each.

So I tried to look through the right lens with my left eye, it was blurry.
Then I looked into left lens with my right eye, it was way clearer, crystal clear.

Now I have a doubt, I think my diopter adjuster is not moving the whole way or maybe something wrong with the alignment.
I am attaching the picture of the diopter adjuster in the two extremes

Can any owners of the same bino tell if that's as far as the adjuster goes ? I didn't want to push it too hard
I am a total newbie so please forgive any foolishness

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_185217211.jpg
    IMG_20221127_185217211.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20221127_185252088.jpg
    IMG_20221127_185252088.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Hello; I have the 8x40 Nikon AE and the pic on the left, my diopter adjust conforms to the travel limit that your pic shos, however the limit in the other direction, on mine, exceeds what is shown on your second picture. On mine , the adjust moves through an arc of approximately 90 degrees, making the lens travel approx 3mm- measured with a dial caliper. Hope that helps, Pat

Hello; I have the 8x40 Nikon AE and the pic on the left, my diopter adjust conforms to the travel limit that your pic shos, however the limit in the other direction, on mine, exceeds what is shown on your second picture. On mine , the adjust moves through an arc of approximately 90 degrees, making the lens travel approx 3mm- measured with a dial caliper. Hope that helps, Pat

Try it upside down.

It may be that the grub screws are not tight on the dioptre control, or that they are set wrongly.

B.
Thank you guys, you were right

Both the diopter and centre wheel were not moving fully and had to be moved with some force once.

Now they are moving fully and image is clear from both lenses.

Thanks from Panjab

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back