• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (70 Viewers)

Wouldn't be the first time in my experience.
In all my years I've personally never ever thought that the burst of a Cettis call / song was at all likened to that of any phrases from a Nightingale. Even my very first at Slapton Ley back in the late 70s though I was familiar with breeding 'gales in their West Berkshire stronghold at that time? I must be odd or it's past me by.

In all my years I've personally never ever thought that the burst of a Cettis call / song was at all likened to that of any phrases from a Nightingale. Even my very first at Slapton Ley back in the late 70s though I was familiar with breeding 'gales in their West Berkshire stronghold at that time? I must be odd or it's past me by.
Happened a couple of times as I recall, some years ago now, on a local reserve. I agree, not something I can say has caused a problem personally.

Just had a pretty spectacular view of the two peregrines on Norwich Cathedral spire (the first time I've seen them this year) mobbing a buzzard, all lit up in the New Year sun. One then settled on the nest box (and according to the live stream is still there now) and the second settled right at the top of the spire.

Two nice geese at Cley yesterday (and three species of Egret!)

Attachments

• RB Goose2.jpg
    RB Goose2.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Ruddy Shelduck2.jpg
    Ruddy Shelduck2.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Cattle Egret.jpg
    Cattle Egret.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 14
  • GWE3.jpg
    GWE3.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 13
Just had a pretty spectacular view of the two peregrines on Norwich Cathedral spire (the first time I've seen them this year) mobbing a buzzard, all lit up in the New Year sun. One then settled on the nest box (and according to the live stream is still there now) and the second settled right at the top of the spire.
First time this year? On January 1st? :)

Me and the mrs are going to have a couple of nights in Norfolk on the 23rd/24th of this month for a couple of days “birding” @Farnboro John 😋

Could anyone recommend where’s nice to stay in the area? A caravan with a view toward the sea would be our preference!

Thanks in advance😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back