• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Tresses (1 Viewer)

KEVIN ELSBY

Hi everyone. I have seen Creeping Tresses in the past at Holt, but never at Holkham / Wells. As they are very difficult to find (and overshaded by Rhododendron) at Holt now, would anyone please let me have directions to see them at Holkham / Wells as I would like to see them this year.

Many thanks

Kevin
http://www.wildlifeontheweb.co.uk

Last time I went to Holt they had pretty much had it, though if the warden is there he will show you where any might have popped up.

Holkham/Wells ones you will need a grid - which I lost with a previous computer. Email me Kevin and I'll see what I can do.

You are three or four weeks away from seeing them anyway.

Sean

Hi Kevin can you PM me as I have directions to the CLT at Holkham Woods.
I saw them a couple of years ago and found at least 10 plants.
Cheers,
Dave.
Ps Sean do you want the directions as well?

I only found the tresses as a non flowering clump away from a known spot at Holt in 2007. Seen the plant in two spots in Holkham in the past but cannot find GPS ref at the moment but see you are geeting help here. Good luck by the way if you go.
One bit of advise check the mossy areas. They seemed the best places to look for the tresses both for flowering and non flowering plants.

Brian Laney, Northamptonshire.

So....has anyone had any success at Holkham/Wells this year?

It would be great to finally catch up with these - if anyone can help (by PM if appropriate) that would be much appreciated.

Although given how early many things are flowering this year, might they already be past their best by this coming weekend (16th/17th)?

Cheers
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back