• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Atlantic Book? (1 Viewer)

BrightonBirder

A friend mentioned a book dealing with teh north atlantic wildlife, ecology, fish, jellyfish etc. Supposedly it has everything covered. It likely came out within the last year. Does anybody know about this book. A title and author would be most appreciated.

Michael

Western North Atlantic only

Tero said:
There is a Firefly paperback, it covers the N American coast
It is not a great book for birds, but does cover fishes and mammals.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/BookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780300106589&itm=1

I had overlooked that it only covers the western side of the North Atlantic. So a bit of disappointment at first. But other that this restriction, I like the book. It basically covers the coast from Newfoundland south to North Carolina. Has range maps and very pleasing (to me) illustrations. Mine is a Yale University version published in 2005, but I assume the contents is the same as in the Firefly one.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back