• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not a scope but a Fluorite camera lens! (4 Viewers)

So it is only Canon/Nikon fit then is it Paul?

If it's cheaper than my current lens (Canon 300mmf2.8) with at least one attachment then I think it'll be priced very attractively to a lot of folk and could actually do quite well but I don't think it'll ever be the equal of a Canon/Nikon large telephoto.

If I were in the market for 'big glass' I'd sooner save up for said telephotos but if someone bought it me as a present I wouldn't exactly be upset. ;)

So if you ever get tired of yours Paul :hi: :-O

So it is only Canon/Nikon fit then is it Paul?

If it's cheaper than my current lens (Canon 300mmf2.8) with at least one attachment then I think it'll be priced very attractively to a lot of folk and could actually do quite well but I don't think it'll ever be the equal of a Canon/Nikon large telephoto.

If I were in the market for 'big glass' I'd sooner save up for said telephotos but if someone bought it me as a present I wouldn't exactly be upset. ;)

So if you ever get tired of yours Paul :hi: :-O

I only have it for a short period Jaff, then i have to give it back, Canon, Nikon Pentax and micro 3/4 fit so far

You really have to try it to see the quality out of it

Paul

A few pictures taken today of some quite close Goldeneye ( Kowa Lens Photos scope 500mm, Nikon D3100 )

Paul

Attachments

• Goldeneye261210DSC_0331.jpg
    Goldeneye261210DSC_0331.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Goldeneye261210DSC_0355.jpg
    Goldeneye261210DSC_0355.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Goldeneye261210DSC_0358.jpg
    Goldeneye261210DSC_0358.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 125
WOW! Those sample shots are good, especially the duck head shot. This is starting to look like a rather nice product. :t:

Stu, my somewhat vague point is that 21,000 yen is alot of cabbage for just a hollow tube. I understand the marketing strategy of splitting it out so that users only pay for the exact configuration they want though.

I would think that the 500 mm tube could be substituted with a hollow tube with nikon mount . A simple mod for a home handyman. The 850 mm tube has a glass lens in it so maybe more difficult, but I'm sure still doable.
Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back