• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinions on the 8x42 Frontier ED-X (2 Viewers)

HoodieOR

United States
I'm looking at several $500-ish 8x42 binos right now. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Frontier ED-X before reading some reports that it didn't handle glare particularly well.

For anyone who's had the 8x42 ED-X, how would you rate its resistance to glare/flare?

8.5 out of 10. For glare. ** And let us be honest here. Reviews go far far FAR too close to the sun to get the bad glare. You will treasure these bins.

9.8 for image control of CA in the center field.

Would 100% recommend.

8x32 ED-X are excellent for the money. No complaints from me
I purchased a pair of these last week, wanted a lighter alternative to my Swarovski el 8.5x42 and something with better close focus. They are a steel for the money, better build than most comparable models with excellent Optics..especially impressed how they render greens and browns, very much like the 8x42 noctovid I briefly used a year or so ago.

Twice compared against the 42mm version and found the 8x32 has 2m close focus not 2.5 as stated which will be great for butterflies etc.

Matt

I purchased a pair of these last week, wanted a lighter alternative to my Swarovski el 8.5x42 and something with better close focus. They are a steel for the money, better build than most comparable models with excellent Optics..especially impressed how they render greens and browns, very much like the 8x42 noctovid I briefly used a year or so ago.

Twice compared against the 42mm version and found the 8x32 has 2m close focus not 2.5 as stated which will be great for butterflies etc.

Matt
For the money they are excellent. I often use them instead of my Swarovski

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back