• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pc drive c full (1 Viewer)

Yes it's straightforward. I would copy them to an external drive before deleting them from the C drive rather than moving them. Plug in an external drive, find the folder and you can probably copy the whole folder.

Yes and yes. Dead easy. But - frankly - you sound as if you are pretty inexperienced with PC software and hardware (no offence), and it's obviously not something you would want to take any risks with... so I would recommend that you get a more-knowledgeable mate to do it for you.

Yes, it is easy. Have you got an ext drive yet, don't go cheap/cheap... as they are inclined to fail.

If you've got some 'special' pictures that you really, really, don't want to lose, you could put them on a back-up as well, say a flash drive or memory stick.

Another vote for 2 back ups, I have 2 plug and play hard drives and special photos are also stored in a couple of places online. If you have an Amazon Prime account for example, you get unlimited photo storage with it.

Another vote for two backups. and another vote for copy and paste rather than "move to". Also you may first want to try and defragment your current drive to see how much (if any) space it opens up.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back