• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poking Fun at Ourselves... (6 Viewers)

St. Elmo

Usual and Customary BF Thread:

1) Hi, I’m new here. What is better the new Kranzler 7.7x48.9 or the Optoon Xianister 4x56?

2) I’ve never even held the Optoon but my brother-in-law’s cousin from across the sea says that he tried one in a coal mine and said they are “a little on the dim side.” As far as the Kranzler, I think they are junk because the package mine came in was damaged from shipment, so I sent it back and got a used Telecoaster Moderne 9x41. It’s the best.

3) Isn’t Telecoaster now owned by commies?

4) I was a commie back in the 50’s.

5) Whenever I hear “Telecoaster” I think of my Fender Stratocaster and my new toaster, but I think the Kranzler is the way to go. I dropped mine and it was okay.

6) I didn’t know you played guitar!

7) Didn’t Dennis dump his Kranzlers last year?

8) I waited to get the new Kranzlers with the Level Two Flamoulous Chloride Super Multi-coating. Don’t bother, there’s no difference.

9) Are you out of your mind!!! Level Two leaves all the rest behind. There is a MEASURED difference of .000001 percent in one of those nano lightwave colors that I can’t recall now.

10) The only animal on the face of the planet that can see that difference is some guy in Pennsylvania… can’t remember his name… but he did see rolling ball better’n anyone on the planet.

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

Happy New Year to all,

Mikey

Doesn't Bruce Stinkspleen play a telecoaster?

And never mind that new Leica Noxiousvid the new Zeiss with up to more than 99% of something I can't remember now will smoke it.

Lee

Those Leica Obnoxiousvids i own, now allow me to see the "Dark side of the moon, and i aint talking Pink floyd, they are on par with Mt palomar for light gathering power, and the plasticity is in the new 4D of unknown Quantum mechanics, Denco, could be throwing us a Curve ball of 'Schroedingers Cat' proportions as well...8-P

Those Leica Obnoxiousvids i own, now allow me to see the "Dark side of the moon, and i aint talking Pink floyd, they are on par with Mt palomar for light gathering power, and the plasticity is in the new 4D of unknown Quantum mechanics, Denco, could be throwing us a Curve ball of 'Schroedingers Cat' proportions as well...8-P

Martin

Are you celebrating New Year already?
You sound like you are in a superposition of states which will resolve into one state or the other if any of us takes a close look.
I am turning away now :-O.

Happy New Year (no insults to any Leicas, past or present, were intended).

Lee

I always thought it a shame the Kowa Genesis never made to to the Deutaronomy model...'and then they were light'......or something....

Hello,

I am often asked, "Why do you carry two binoculars?"

My reply is, "Well, I have four eyes."

Happy New Year to all,
Arthur

Martin

Are you celebrating New Year already?
You sound like you are in a superposition of states which will resolve into one state or the other if any of us takes a close look.
I am turning away now :-O.

Happy New Year (no insults to any Leicas, past or present, were intended).

Lee

My state of unequivocal sobriety is tempered for work at this moment, but dabbling in psycho-active drugs in my youth, help me gain a good perspective on theoretical thinking, after all its only a theory, lol

?....dabbling in psycho-active drugs in my youth, help me gain a good perspective on theoretical thinking...

Now there's an idea...a bino that not only lets you see the world as it is (or as you imagine it to be), but that gives you Flashbacks too. In HD. (Kinda 'Image Totally Unstabilised")..:t:

Now there's an idea...a bino that not only lets you see the world as it is (or as you imagine it to be), but that gives you Flashbacks too. In HD. (Kinda 'Image Totally Unstabilised")..:t:

Yep, and the alpha version that gives paranormal glimpses of species that you will see next year would be great for boning up on the diagnostic recognition features.

Lee

Haha Elmo :) LOL! you're all wackas! :-O :t: o:D 8-P :cat:

Happy New Year everyone B :) :hippy: :bounce: (o)<

Chosun :gh:

Last edited:

maybe, but can you see the astronaut"s footprints
like I can with my new zooms?

Santa doesn' love me: I got no alpha bin for Christmas but he took the mince pie and a glass of port.

What to do?

I got two loo roll inner tubes, blackened the insides and glued them together, side by side and collimated them..

I was amazed: I reckon I got transmisson of 103.756%.

Beats any alpha.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back