• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poking Fun at Ourselves... (4 Viewers)

2017's around the corner...Time to Toast to Future Good Health, Happiness and of course, Heavenly Optics!!! :king: B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) o:D

Blessings to You and Yours in the New Year,

Ted

Same to you Ted, and all the visitors to this site.

Lee

They all three must certainly own a Noctivid based on that alone. :-O

Ok, I'll stop with the deliberate absurdity, Happy New Year everyone, that includes Billy Bob Hendricks if he happens to be reading this.

The movie 'Pushing Tin' has got Billy Bob, Angelina and Cate in it and the cinematography has got this amazing plasticity ....... :-O
Lee

They all three must certainly own a Noctivid based on that alone. :-O

Ok, I'll stop with the deliberate absurdity, Happy New Year everyone, that includes Billy Bob Hendricks if he happens to be reading this.

OK SD its a truce.
Thanks for all the fun.

Cheers / Prosit / Salut / Kipis / Slainte Everyone

Lee

Wait till i venture into Michigan for KW, gonna show those Yanks some Alpha Bins, or get my ass whooped in the process, i expect to to see Denco on an old sherman waving Tracts and Mavens, shouting "Yo your Alphas are crap", lol

Wait till i venture into Michigan for KW, gonna show those Yanks some Alpha Bins, or get my ass whooped in the process, i expect to to see Denco on an old sherman waving Tracts and Mavens, shouting "Yo your Alphas are crap", lol
"I expect to to see Denco on an old sherman waving Tracts and Mavens, shouting "Yo your Alphas are crap", lol"

That was a GOOD one. Enjoy your trip to the US. Here I am with my Tract's.:t:

Attachments

• P35F001_3.JPG
    P35F001_3.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Some Sig Sauer Zulu binoculars (now that's a name) are sold by....Walmart. In their 9x45 and 11x45 versions they appear to be quite similar to (clones of?) the much discussed Maven's. Anyway here is the warning that comes with them on the Walmart website (of some interest to the younger members of the BF):
"This toy is not suitable for ages under 3 years. It contains one or more of the following items: marbles, small ball, or small parts."

Let's see... five quadrillionths of a foot (out of over 50) or "marbles, small ball, or small parts." I just can't decide which is more important to consider in making a decision on a purchase of sport optics.

Last edited:
"marbles, small ball, or small parts."

Most people lose all of these during their New Year's celebrations..... :eek!: :-O

Lee

Those Leica Obnoxiousvids i own, now allow me to see the "Dark side of the moon, and i aint talking Pink floyd, they are on par with Mt palomar for light gathering power, and the plasticity is in the new 4D of unknown Quantum mechanics, Denco, could be throwing us a Curve ball of 'Schroedingers Cat' proportions as well...8-P

The Zen Ruble, china russia bin, have made this commonplace for some time and for very little money!!! They are sooooo good; they are capable of seeing the far side of Pluto and all communications democratic...

CG

The Zen Ruble, china russia bin, have made this commonplace for some time and for very little money!!! They are sooooo good; they are capable of seeing the far side of Pluto and all communications democratic...

CG

You can't beat throwing some Quantum mechanics into a conversation, adds such kudos, brings out the hidden intellect in other contributors..8-P

And I thought Lee lost his marbles some time ago!!!:t:

CG

Its true, I can't deny it.
It was about the time I lost my last marble that it suddenly seemed like a good idea to start posting on here. Probably just a coincidence. Or not :-O

Lee

You can't beat throwing some Quantum mechanics into a conversation, adds such kudos, brings out the hidden intellect in other contributors..8-P

Edwin Schrödinger was given asylum in Ireland, lived in Dublin a few hundred metres from famous birding hotspot the Bull Island, lectured in Quantum Mechanics at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, and fathered two daughters here by two different women. Just thought I'd mention it. Pointlessly.B :)

I have a 300 piece Sears tool set, is that the same as Quantum mechanics ?:eat:

Probably not because a Quantum Mechanic would likely be the custodian of the Cathouse frequented by Schroedinger along with his cat and would need different tools.

He also should not be confused with Jacques Custodian who was the janitor on the research ship "Calypso.":smoke:

Bob

Last edited:
....Einstein famously quoted. “Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”

Thats why i rely entirely on my imagination.....

Here is Dennis and his Tract binoculars. Note the smile, he doesn't know any
different.

Jerry

Attachments

• Zoomies.png
    Zoomies.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 47
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back