• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Portugal sites -birds & orchids (1 Viewer)

CornishExile

rydhsys rag Kernow lemmyn!
I've got a work trip coming up in April to Portugal - I'll spend a couple of days in Evora, and am planning to extend my visit by 2 or 3 days after that to head out and do a little natural history road trip, primarily birding and adding to my collection of European orchid photos.

So, what I really need is some accurate site information for birds and orchids in particular, preferably within say a day's travel time from Evora. Which by my reckoning opens up quite a lot of Portugal! Please PM me if you'd rather not share gen on an open forum.

Many thanks in advance,

Jon

Afternoon Jon,

The closest I know to Evora is the Castro Verde region and maybe a site for White Rumped Swift (I dipped) which are both a very long way from Evora but I will post some details on that tonight if you want. You are probably better using the Evora plains for the same species as Castro Verde.

If you are prepared to nip down to the Algarve and stay a night or two I can give more sites.

Try this site... http://aves.team-forum.net/birds-of-portugal-in-english-f10/

Cheers,
Andrew.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back