• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible Ortolan Bunting in Belgium (1 Viewer)

Hello, I am not sure if this sound is a ortolan bunting. I am hesitating if the sound is "tschipy" enough. Right know this bird is on its migration peak in Belgium so it is seen more than else. If any of you know if I am right or wrong, please let me know!

Attachments

• 2023-08-27_onbekend_trektellen.mp3
    96.5 KB
(You need to listen with volume high, on a decent sound system.)
Could you give the date and describe the curcumstances of the recording, please?
Did you see the bird(s)?
I wouldn't be sure it's not house sparrow.

(You need to listen with volume high, on a decent sound system.)
Could you give the date and describe the curcumstances of the recording, please?
Did you see the bird(s)?
I wouldn't be sure it's not house sparrow.
Thanks for the reply, I heard (I did not see the bird) it while migration counting, it was flying very high. The chances of house sparrow are near 0, because in that environment I have never seen/heard one there. But it is possible of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back