• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Professional guide - Southern area ? (2 Viewers)

Florin Chirila

I will be in Sri Lanka for two weeks, fist half of February, visiting various places (Ella, Horton, Udawalawe, Mirissa) in a family vacation. I'll spend as much time birding as I reasonably can, and I think I could use some assistance from a local bird guide. Particularly since I plan to take a one-day trip to Sinharaja, perhaps to other sites (like Bundala or maybe Kalametiya).
Can anyone recommend a professional guide in the area ?
Thanks in advance.

In Sinharaja, I'd recommend either getting an organised guide (I've heard good things about Walk with Jith) or alternatively make your own way there (early) and get a guide at the HQ. If you go down this route, I'd recommend asking for Wasante, he was very good and knew where to look for some of the tricky species, as well as being very familiar with all calls etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back