• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Roosting Gt Tit (1 Viewer)

nobby

Around 6 oclock this evening I noticed the Icatcher motion alarm on my PC going off repeatedly. It had picked up a Gt Tit in one of my nest boxes.
The Gt Tit has now settled down for the night.
This is the earliest I have ever had a bird roosting in one of my nest boxes they usally start Nov/Dec.

If anyone wants a quick look I will be leaving the camera running for the next couple of hours.
You can find it at http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/nest_box.htm
Just follow the link to live feed 1 under the flashing LED. Then click on the link to the Gt Tit Box.

Brett.

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Just had a look, Brett - seems like we must investigate this Icatcher motion alarm, I don't think we have one - yet!!!!
Hi Elizabeth
The alarm is hidden away in the menus on Icatcher Wildlife ( I think it is on all Icatcher products) you just have to enable it and select a wave sound as the alarm.
I also set Icatcher to jump to the front screen on motion so I'm not hunting around for it when the motion alarm sounds.

Brett.

nobby said:
Hi Elizabeth
The alarm is hidden away in the menus on Icatcher Wildlife ( I think it is on all Icatcher products) you just have to enable it and select a wave sound as the alarm.
I also set Icatcher to jump to the front screen on motion so I'm not hunting around for it when the motion alarm sounds.

Brett.

Thanks - I'll pass this on to Malcolm. B :)

Edit!!! I now find he knows all about it - but hasn't installed it yet! :h?:

Last edited:
Elizabeth Bigg said:
Thanks - I'll pass this on to Malcolm. B :)

Edit!!! I now find he knows all about it - but hasn't installed it yet! :h?:

I bet he will soon now.

The Great Tit shows uncommon good sense. Its a bit parky out there. Winter is on the way well over a 100 Whooper Swans at Welney today.

I must admit - I don't usually make it a habit to watch Great Tits via webcams!

It's certainly interesting to see how they, like ducks, keep themselves aware of what's going on around them, rather than drifting into a deep sleep.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back