• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Saint Germain de Vibrac, August 2022- What should I look out for? (1 Viewer)

Bewick

Connoisseur of WTL
United Kingdom
I will be visiting my French family for a few weeks in August, it will be the first time I have visited them in quite a long time (because of covid). Just wanted to ask if there are any birds or good birding areas that are in the area that I should be looking for. I have previously bird watched in the area and can admit that it is pretty ok however my birding was mostly just scanning the local farms. In fact it was the area I saw my first short toed treecreeper, hoopoe and nightjar however apart from that I didn't see much else. I also managed to see a pretty out of place ortolan bunting.

If I can it would be cool to see the red-back shrike, the golden oriole, cirl bunting, melodious warbler, western bonellis warbler, short toed eagle (if possible), fantailed warbler and the purple heron. Though I don't expect to get many of these it would be cool to see any of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've done a little research using Ebirds however French birders seem to be more scarce then English birders.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back