• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sanderling? Seaforth UK March 26th (1 Viewer)

Hi all

Whilst on my health walk - taking my camera with me - I noticed a bunch of waders near the water's edge.

So I quickly grabbed my camera and managed to take a couple of photos before they flew off.

Now at first I thought they were Dunlin but thought the head shape didn't match and the beak was too stubby.

So next guess was Ruff but again head shape didn't fit and in flight markings didn't match well either as neither did the marking by the shoulder.

But what did seem - to me anyway - to match pretty closely was Sanderling.

So are they Sanderling?

And am I getting better with my waders? ;)

Richie

Attachments

• sanderling.jpg
    sanderling.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back